Question of the Day: The Structure of the Earth
On the cross-section diagram below, label:
- The depth to the boundaries between each of the above specified layers.
- The direction of lithospheric motion.
- Where you would expect to see volcanoes.
- Where you would expect to see earthquakes.
- What are the key predictions of plate tectonic theories?
- What does this 'cartoon' help you explain?
References and Notes:
Question of the Day is a method used by Dr. William Prothero in his Oceanography Course at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
The Question of the Day page with more examples and tips on using them is part of the Starting Point: Interactive Lectures Module.