Global Climate Change and Earth History
Course URL: http://www.atmosedu.com/Geol390/
- Students will become familiar with Earth as a system and learn to communicate effectively about Earth's changing climate using an "Earth System" perspective.
- Students will learn fundamental terminology, principles, and relationships related to Earth's climate system.
- Students will make appropriate use of written, oral, and visual communication skills while communicating their understanding of concepts and issues related to the Earth's climate system.
- Students will take responsibility for your own learning.
- Develop the ability to work and think independently.
- Develop the ability to work and think within a team or larger group.
- Students learn how to create graphs (x-y scatter plots and bar graphs) and use graphs (x-y scatter plots, bar charts, and contour plots) to display or extract information related to the atmospheric sciences.
- Students develop their online skills by making extensive use of online resources to acquire information, visualize data and concepts, and analyze the behavior of simple models related to the Earth system.