New Author Orientation Webinar
Friday, September 13, 2013
12 pm Pacific | 1 pm Mountain | 2 pm Central | 3 pm Eastern
Note: This webinar has already taken place. You can view the screencast if you were unable to join in real time or would like to revisit the material covered.
- Introduction to the overall InTeGrate project and how your curriculum development fits in.
- Introduction to the authoring process, the support structure (web team liaison, assessment consultant, email list, workspace), and how to work together as a team.
Brief overview of the project (20-25 minutes)
- InTeGrate overview (Cathy) overview (PowerPoint 1.1MB Sep13 13)
- Grand Challenges and Geoscience Literacy (John T.) Grand Challenge and Literacy slides (PowerPoint 2007 (.pptx) 435kB Apr24 13)
- Read the Literacy Documents (opens in a new window)
Overview of the documentation and authoring process with example module (20-25 minutes)
- Information for Material Developers (where you can find more info about...)
- Information for new authors: Module and course characteristics
- Expectations, teamwork, and documentation (Anne)
- Timeline, authoring, and support for teams (David S.)
Action Items and Questions (SERC) (10 minutes)
- October meeting info
- Take the BARSTL survey- by September 30. You will have to log into your SERC account to access this page. If you don't have a SERC account, you can create an account with the e-mail address that's been provided to InTeGrate and you should gain access automatically. Contact Monica with any questions (mbruckne AT carleton.edu).
- If you haven't yet done so, submit the Individual Contract and Course Information form - by September 30. This will give us the ability to have your individual contract ready to sign at the October meeting.
- Review the information for new authors page, and bring questions to the October meeting
- Review the October meeting agenda