- Advice for New Faculty Members by Robert Boice
Describes the basic steps for launching a successful academic career
- Tomorrow's Professor: Preparing for Careers in Science and Engineering by Richard M. Reis
Incorporates advice from many science and engineering professors
- Women and Minority Faculty in the Academic Workplace by Adelberto Aquirre Jr.
Compares and contrasts the workplace experiences of female, Latino, Black, Asian, and Native American faculty
- The Majority in the Minority: Expanding the Representation of Latina/O Faculty, Administrators, and Students in Higher Education by Jeanett Castellanos and Lee Jones
Explains clearly the issues of educational access for Latino/as.
- Publishing for Tenure and Beyond by Franklin H. Silverman
Provides valuable information for graduate students and tenure-track junior faculty.
- From Research to Manuscript, A Guide to Scientific Writing by Michael Jay Katz
Describes the nuts and bolts of writing a science article for publication.
- A Long Way to Go: Conversations About Race by African American Faculty and Graduate Students by Darrell Cleveland
Chronicles experiences and struggles of African American graduate students and faculty members who have succeeded in academia.
- Faculty of Color in Academe: Bittersweet Success by Caroline Sotello Viernes Turner and Samuel L. Myers
Offers a comprehensive look at recruitment, retention, and development of minority faculty in eight mid-western states.
- Tenure in the Sacred Grove: Issues and Strategies for Women and Minority Faculty edited by Joanne E. Cooper and Dannelle D. Stevens
Covers the political, scholarly, personal and interpersonal issues involved for women and minority faculty navigating the academic landscape.
- Achieving Faculty Diversity: Debunking the Myths by Daryl G. Smith with Lisa E. Wolf and Bonnie E. Busenberg
Discredits some widely held perceptions of how to build a diverse faculty and offers practical solutions.