Other EET Chapters that Examine Climate Change Related Data
- Exploring Regional Differences in Climate Change
- Using NASA NEO and ImageJ to Explore the Role of Snow Cover in Shaping Climate
- Are Our Cities Warming the Earth?
Using Other NCDC Data in this Chapter
Here in the U.S., we have some weather stations located in very cold climates and others in very warm ones. You can choose other stations of interest with a difference in geography, for example in a desert area or at a high elevation. Consider the following questions as you investigate change in surface temperature over time:
- For any given location, how does surface temperature change throughout a year, between years, or across multiple years?
- When comparing two locations, how does surface temperature change throughout a year, or across multiple years?
Other Research on Global Climate 1880-Present
You may find other background information or data on global temperatures. One of source of background information is this article from NASA's Earth Observatory, Different Records, Same Warming Trend.