Sunday, April 5, 2009
5:00 - 6:00 Reception - Alumni Guest House (AGH)
Location: Alumni Guest House Meeting Room
6:00 - 8:00 Dinner, introductions and welcoming remarks
Developing a Useful Pedagogic Resource
Presentation (PowerPoint 7MB Apr11 10)
- What Makes a Useful Pedagogic Site
- Capitalizing on Pedagogy in Action and the NSDL Pedagogic Service
- The Starting Point Economics Project
Monday, April 6, 2009
8:30 - 9:00 Getting Ready for the Day – Understanding the Assignment
* Snacks available 10:30am - AGH
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch - Burton Dining Hall
1:00 -2:00 Whole Group Session: Where are we? What are our plans? What have we learned about creating effective modules?
2:00 - 4:30 Module Group Working Time
* Snacks available 3:00pm - AGH
4:30 - 5:30 Whole Group Session: What have we learned about creating effective activities? Plans for tomorrow. Road Check.
6:00 - 8:00 Dinner - Froggy Bottoms on the Cannon River
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
8:00 Shuttle van available, leaving Country Inn to AGH
-check out and bring luggage to AGH
8:30- 9:30 Module Group Working Time - Cleaning up Loose Ends
* Snacks available 9:30am - AGH
9:30-10:00 Making Modules and Activities Live- All materials must be ready for public viewing at 9:30.
10:00-12:00 Reflections and Recommendations
- What did we learn about creating the Portal?
- Engaging the Community
- Developing the Activity Collections
- Controlled Vocabularies
- Workshop Evaluation