How have we Maintained the Core and Developed Connections?
Go back to the beginning of this presentation, by Carolyn Eyles and Susan Vajoczki of McMaster University, about integrating interdisciplinary programs into an existing department.
Core 'geoscience' included in EES program
- partly in 'core' program
- particularly in specialization streams
- essential for professional certification
- maintains rigor of program
- with geography, chemistry, physics, engineering
- program and 'service' courses
- essential for 'breadth' requirements
- effective 'recruitment' tool
- provides flexibility for students