Employer and Employee Perspectives
To suggest additional interviewees, please contact Carol Ormand.
Each of the individuals listed below is involved, to some degree, in hiring and/or training employees at their place of employment. We asked them to tell us what they look for in entry-level hiring decisions, and in particular what makes some candidates stand out from the competition.
- Mike Loudin, Manager for Global Geoscience Hiring and Development, ExxonMobil
- Jane Willard, President and Principal Geologist, EnPro Assessment (an environmental consulting firm)
- Rich Patelke, Project Geologist, PolyMet Mining NorthMet Project
- Ken Bradbury, Hydrogeologist, Wisconsin Geological and Natural History Survey
- Joe Kopera, Contractor and Consultant, Office of the Massachusetts State Geologist
Each of the individuals listed below has a degree in geoscience. We asked them to tell us how well their education prepared them for their current positions.