North Carolina A&T State University
Overview and Context
North Carolina A&T State University (NCA&T) is a Historically Black College and University (HBCU) and was founded as a land-grant university in 1891. It is a public, research/doctoral university with over 10,000 students. The university is located in Greensboro, North Carolina, which is about 80 miles west of Raleigh.
- B.S. in Physics
- Program concentration in Environmental Geophysics. Environmental Geophysics prepares students for professions in geosciences and environmental sciences.
- Program concentration in Space Science
- B.S. in Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology. (Granted through the Physics Department)
- B.S. in Earth and Environmental Sciences (Granted through the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Design)
- B.S. in Soil Science (Granted through the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Design)
Supporting Minority Students in the Geosciences
The NOAA-ISET Cooperative Science Center headquartered at NCA&T provides support to students majoring in Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology.