Platform and Library Resources
Every module in our collection requires a given type of hardware (a platform), often running a particular operating system, combined with certain software libraries or packages. We have or are creating instructional modules for these common platform and library/package combinations used in parallel and distributed computing (PDC):
- Single multicore, shared memory machine using the OpenMP library
- Cluster of multicore machines using an MPI library (either OpenMPI or MPICH2)
- Single multicore machine with a GPU co-processor
- Cluster of multicore machines with GPU co-processors using an MPI library
- Single multicore machine with an Intel Xeon Phi co-processor
- Large cluster of machines for fully distributed Map-Reduce computing using hadoop
Platform Setup, Libraries, and Packages
Computational Modelshowing only Fully Distributed Show all Computational Model
Results 1 - 2 of 2 matches
WebMapReduce is a simple web-based user interface for creating and submitting Hadoop Map-Reduce jobs in practically any language. It is ideally suited for use in the introductory computer science classroom, requiring very little programming experience to write massively parallel programs.
Bootable Cluster CD
The Bootable Cluster CD (BCCD) is a software platform designed to allow parallel programming and distributed computing instruction to concentrate on the education and not the computing infrastructure necessary for it. It is an open source Knoppix-based live CD that provides the tools necessary to teach parallel and distributed computing (e.g., GNU compiler suite, multiple MPI bindings, OpenMP, CUDA, Java) that can be run on either a single system or on a network of computers that are automatically configured using custom networking tools to form an ad hoc temporary cluster.