Climate Literacy CatalogThis collection of web sites was developed in the Fall of 2008 by Mark S. McCaffrey of CIRES Education and Outreach as a "next step" toward a reviewed and annotated collection of "cream of the crop" high quality digital resources that support the Essential Principles of Climate Literacy. Building on experience gained through the development of the Climate Change Collection, the goal of this phase of the effort is to begin to assemble a catalog of online resources that in the near future will be reviewed i) for scientific accuracy and currency by science experts, ii) for ease of use and appropriateness in educational settings and iii) annotated with any suggestions, concerns or ideas for enrichment and extensions to the resource.
Climate Literacy Principlesshowing only Life and Climate Are Linked Show all Climate Literacy Principles
Climate Literacy Principles Show all Climate Literacy Principles
- Climate Evolution A. The evolution of organisms can be driven by specific climatological conditions, including but not limited to temperature, humidity, precipitation, and sunlight.
- Climate Ecosystems B. Changes in one or more of these climate conditions can produce damaging changes in ecosystems.
- Survival of Organisms / Species C. Changes in environmental conditions can affect the survival of individual organisms as well as entire species.
- Societies Adapt to Climate D. Human societies have developed interconnected food, energy, transportation, and socioeconomic systems that take advantage of existing climate conditions and, thus, are vulnerable to climate changes.
- Holocene Societies E. Human systems have developed during an unusually stable period in Earth's climate history.
- Biologic Impact on Climate F. Life on Earth, including microbes, plants, and animals such as humans, can influence climate substantially and has throughout the evolution of life on the planet.
Life and Climate Are Linked9 matches General/Other
Results 1 - 15 of 15 matches
Time and Cycles: Dendrochronology part of SERC Web Resource Collection
NSTA :: Climate Change From Pole to Pole: Biology Investigations part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Planet Under Pressure part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Ice Cores Teacher's Guide part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Recognizing Forests' Role in Climate Change part of SERC Web Resource Collection
The Essence of Ecology part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Global Warming Art part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Marine Microbial Ecology part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Changing Paleoclimates and Mass Extinctions part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Modern and Fossil Pollen Data part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Bering Climate part of SERC Web Resource Collection
A Paleo Perspective on Global Warming part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Institute for Global Environmental Strategies part of SERC Web Resource Collection
Climate Timeline: And Beyond part of SERC Web Resource Collection
NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Vostok Ice Core Data part of SERC Web Resource Collection