Important Information for Workshop Participants
APLU's STEM Education Center Workshop, Towards a National Network of University-based STEM Education Centers, is less than a month away.
This page summarizes the information you will need to inform yourself about the upcoming workshop. If you have any additional questions, please contact Katherine Hazelrigg at khazelrigg@APLU.ORG.
Before the Workshop
- Set up a web account at Carleton College's Science Education Resource Center (SERC). It's really easy to set up, and literally takes about 20 seconds. When you have an account, you'll be able to navigate easily the pertinent parts of the STEM Education Center website. Contact Molly Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Review the logistics information that Katherine Hazelrigg sent in an earlier email.
- Visit the STEM Education Center website to review the other profiles. As of August 23, 52 centers have completed profiles, and most will be attending the workshop. It will be helpful to familiarize yourself with the diversity of other approaches being taken by your colleagues around the country.
- Review the draft workshop agenda. We're organizing the meeting to enable a lot of time for small group discussion around some key issues.
- Check your technology. Meeting rooms will have free WIFI access. SERC's content management system is compatible with the major browsers; if you use a tablet, be sure to download the most recent iOS updates.
- Share relevant reports or research papers about STEM Education Centers.
At the Workshop
- Stay as long as you can, since we're planning to talk about important and tangible next steps to be taken by real people during the last session of the day. We need you to be there!
After the Workshop
- Stay in touch! While we view this workshop as the beginning of a rich discussion, we do not know where it will lead. So, we encourage you to stay in contact with us about interesting new developments in the diverse world of STEM Education Centers.