Imaging and Analysis Lab
SEM scanning electron microscope
EDS energy dispersive spectrometer
EMPA electron microprobe; wavelength dispersive spectrometers
Conditions for Use:
- Submitted samples will be analyzed on a contract basis (i.e. lab personnel will do the work)
- Visitors are invited to work in the lab to work with lab personnel
- Visitors are invited to work in the lab to design and do the work yourself
- We are especially happy to serve the needs of geologists from smaller institutions anywhere within travel distance of Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Standard Collections/Lab Blanks:
- Class demonstrations are available for undergraduates
- Class demonstrations are available for K-12
- Undergraduate student research projects are invited
- Graduate student research projects are invited
- Tutorials and other educational materials related to the lab are available http://www.geosci.ipfw.edu/sem/index.html has information about an exercise created before we installed the new instrumentation in January, 2012.