Darwin & Dinosaurs
1. Expalin how scientific information is obtained and how the scientific process works, and distinguish among hypotheses, theories, and laws.
2. Evaluate Darwins observations and link them to his theory of evolution
3. Analyze a simple cladogram
4. Evaluate various fossils & sedimentary rocks determine how they formed and make intpretations about the paleoenvironment
5. Analysize radiometric data and calcute absolute dates
6. Interpret the relative geologic ages from a sequence of rocks
7.Interpret evidence for the evolution of dinosaurs.
8. Synthesize information about anatomy of dinosaurs and biomechanics, eating habits, and etc.
9. predict the location of the continents throughout the mesozoic given a starting and end point and plate tectonic rates
10. Evalute the theories of thermoregualtion of dinosaurs
11.Evalute the theories of bird evolution and formulate new questions
12.Analyze the information on the extinction of dinosaurs and determine a hypothesis
How course activities and course structure help students achieve these goals: