To help you prepare for the workshop on the Role of Metacognition in Teaching Geoscience, we ask that you do several things in advance. Here's a list of those preparatory activities and their deadlines:
By November 1st:
- Make your travel plans. For information on travel, lodging, ground transportation and meals see the logistics page.
- Write your essay. (See some examples.)
- Register for the workshop.
Prior to the workshop:
- Download the Medical Emergency Information Form (Acrobat (PDF) 5kB Jan13 04), complete it, and bring it with you to the workshop in a sealed envelope. We will open the envelope and read the form only in the case of a medical emergency during the workshop.
- Print out (and bring with you) this map of Carleton College (Acrobat (PDF) 570kB Oct21 08)
- Optional, but encouraged: make a poster for the Thursday evening poster session. Your poster will need to fit on an easel 5' high by 3' wide. When it's ready, upload your poster. Note: We cannot print your poster for you; you will need to print it out and bring it to the workshop yourself. However, we ask you to upload it so that we can make it available as a downloadable file from the workshop website.
- Optional, but encouraged: upload a teaching activity.