Evaluation and Web Development Virtual Workshop
This workshop is restricted to 2009 Cutting Edge Follow-On Workshop Leaders.The goal of this workshop is to support you as you develop your workshop, so that you can take full advantage of the website and evaluation tools to develop a workshop that meets the project expectations in these areas.
- Friday, January 9, 2009 12-1 Central Time: Introductions and an overview of the evaluation and the role of the website.
- Evaluation and Website Overview (PowerPoint 865kB Jan9 09)
- Taking Advantage of the Website
- On the Cutting Edge Evaluation
- Assignment: Look at some examples of ways in which the workshop draws on and contributes to the website.
- Assignment 2: Reflect on your goals for your workshop.
- What do you want the overall outcome(s) of the workshop to be for the participants?
- How would you define or recognize success in meeting these outcomes?
- What do you want the larger community to learn from the workshop via the website?
- Friday, January 16, 2009 12-1 Central Time: Setting workshop goals, and designing the workshop in ways that integrate the website and support the evaluation. Working with the Webteam.
- Overview of Planning Timeline - Discussion of Working with the WebTeam - Karin Kirk
- Does the workshop meet your goals? - Discussion of Evaluation Planning, Evaluation Instruments - Ellen Iverson
- Designing the workshop output for the web - discussion based on your goals - Cathy Manduca
- Assignment: talk with your PI mentor about the goals and design of your workshop (and particularly how you will incorporate contributions to the website, activity review, and action planning)
- Tuesday, January 27, 2009 12-1 Central Time: 'how to' support for taking the next steps of creating the workshop website and evaluation instruments. Especially for people with spring 09 workshops.
- Before the call try out editing the workshop front page your mentor has set up for you. You can also check out the documentation for the editing system if you're a 'read the instructions' sort of learner.
- Learn how to make and edit new pages: linking, uploading files, images, navigation forms and more
Since some of you are far from the actual dates of your workshop, we will offer this last session again in the spring for those running fall workshops (though you are welcome to attend now).