Classroom and Lab Activities for Teaching about Energy
Do you have a favorite teaching activity you'd like to share? Please help us expand this collection by describing your own classroom or lab activities for teaching about energy.
- 1 match General/Other
- Fossil Fuels oil, natural gas, coal, oil shale, tar sands
- Renewable & Alternative Energy wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, biofuels, tides, algae, hydrogen, battery technology
- Carbon Capture & Storage
- Efficiency and Energy Conservation
- Energy Policy including economics
- Energy Infrastructure transmission, grid, pipelines, refining
- Energy Principles thermodynamics, physics, chemistry
Results 1 - 3 of 3 matches
Understanding Carbon Storage in Forests part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:GLOBECarbon
DATA: Forest Inventory and Analysis data, TOOLS: isee Player, Spreadsheet application. SUMMARY: Compare field collected data with results produced by a forest biomass model to understand the process and challenges scientists face when doing terrestrial carbon cycle research.
Visualizing Carbon Pathways part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:Carbon
DATA: NASA Satellite Images TOOLS: ImageJ and Image Composite Explorer (ICE) of NASA Earth Observations (NEO). SUMMARY: Build animations of satellite data to illustrate and explore carbon pathways through the Earth system.
Making Sustainable Business Decisions In Four Different Industries and Their Effect on People (Social), Planet (Environment), and Profit (Economics) part of SISL:Activities
The student will gain a better understanding of "Global Warming" and the "Triple Bottom Line" by viewing the first two videos. Further the CEO2 game will introduce many new ideas/options that specific industries have to select from in achieving their desired corporate/company goals.