Classroom and Lab Activities for Teaching about Energy
Do you have a favorite teaching activity you'd like to share? Please help us expand this collection by describing your own classroom or lab activities for teaching about energy.
- 2 matches General/Other
- Fossil Fuels oil, natural gas, coal, oil shale, tar sands
- Renewable & Alternative Energy wind, solar, hydroelectric, geothermal, biofuels, tides, algae, hydrogen, battery technology
- Carbon Capture & Storage
- Efficiency and Energy Conservation
- Energy Policy including economics
- Energy Infrastructure transmission, grid, pipelines, refining
- Energy Principles thermodynamics, physics, chemistry
Results 1 - 2 of 2 matches
Making Sustainable Business Decisions In Four Different Industries and Their Effect on People (Social), Planet (Environment), and Profit (Economics) part of SISL:Activities
The student will gain a better understanding of "Global Warming" and the "Triple Bottom Line" by viewing the first two videos. Further the CEO2 game will introduce many new ideas/options that specific industries have to select from in achieving their desired corporate/company goals.
Observing different scenarios of climate change using climate challenge web game part of SISL:Activities
Use the web game Climate Challenge by the British Broadcasting Corporation to observe how decision by government can contribute to climate change. By seeing the consequence of government inaction in an interactive web experience, students will be more engaged citizens and voters. To show students that we live in a world with finite resources.