Create a SERC account
If you don't already have a SERC account, you will need to create one, which will give you access to the various web pages for this workshop.
- You can create an account by providing your name and email address on the create account page.
- Be sure to use the same email address that you used to register for this workshop (which is the email address that this message was sent to).
Complete the following pre-workshop assignmentExplore existing CE resources in GIS/RS and do the following:
- Submit suggestions via the submit form for additions to the online resources (data sources, visualizations, useful web sites, YouTube videos, etc.). We currently have few links to useful web sites beyond data sources, and we are counting on you to submit your favorites so that we can build the collection!
- Keep track of which assignments/activities or syllabus ideas in the collection are most intriguing/interesting to you. You will comment on these in your introductory discussion board post (see below).
Introduce yourself via a short post on the workshop online discussion board:
- A short paragraph about your background and what you will be working on during the workshop.
- A short paragraph about which assignments/activities in the collection caught your attention, and why.
- To make your introductory post, please go to the Workshop Discussion Board, choose the Personal Introductions in the appropriate subgroup (details below), and add a post. Please do not start a new thread – simply add to the thread that is there.
- If you are working on a GIS or RS course for geo students, post to the Course Group.
- If you are working on geo activities/assignments for a general GIS or RS course, post to the Activities Group.
- If you are working on a GIS or RS module for a geo course, post to the Modules Group.
- You must post your personal introduction before 6 pm EDT on Friday, March 11.
- Before the kickoff (whichever you are attending), please read through all of the introductory posts on the discussion board so that you can meet your fellow participants.
For those participating in the virtual kickoff
Complete a test run of the screen-sharing technology. We will be using Elluminate to share screens during the workshop. It is critical that you make sure that you know how to use the system and that you solve all technical issues before the workshop begins. By the end of Friday, March 11, we need you to test drive Elluminate so that you know how to use it and have solved any problems *before* the kickoff on Sunday at 2 pm EDT. You will find the connection information and the phone call-in number and instructions on the Technical Information page of the workshop web site. If you have trouble, you can contact John McDaris email@example.com.