Classroom and Lab ActivitiesDo you have a favorite teaching activity you'd like to share? Please help us expand this collection by contributing your own teaching materials.
Subject: Climate Change Show all Subject: Climate Change
- 3 matches General/Other
- History and evolution of Earth's climate
- Paleoclimate records including types of proxy records and direct measurements
- Recent climate data direct measurements of past climate and climate data from 1800 to present
- Climate feedbacks
- Natural causes and forcings
- Anthropogenic causes and forcings
- Greenhouse effect
- Greenhouse gas emissions including types of gases, emissions data, Kyoto-related info
- Global change modeling including climate projections
- Impacts of climate change including sea level, ecosystems, human, economic, health, political
- Mitigation of climate change
- Public policy
- Carbon capture & storage
Results 1 - 5 of 5 matches
Ice Core Exercise part of Cutting Edge:Climate Change:Activities
This assignment (for upper-division/graduate students) provides exposure to ice core data, problem-solving to register data sets, technical challenges in data manipulation and statistics, and an opportunity to ...
Confirmation of the IPCC Prediction re: Increased Storminess part of Cutting Edge:Hurricanes-Climate Change Connection:Activities
A two-part culminating activity for a meteorology/climatology unit in an Earth Science course centered upon data acquisition and analysis regarding the confirmation of the IPCC predicition regarding increased ...
Tropical Cyclones and Global Change part of Cutting Edge:Hurricanes-Climate Change Connection:Activities
This is a full semester project focusing on tropical cyclones and climate change for my undergraduate tropical meteorology class. It consists of five parts, outlined below.
Making Sustainable Business Decisions In Four Different Industries and Their Effect on People (Social), Planet (Environment), and Profit (Economics) part of SISL:Activities
The student will gain a better understanding of "Global Warming" and the "Triple Bottom Line" by viewing the first two videos. Further the CEO2 game will introduce many new ideas/options that specific industries have to select from in achieving their desired corporate/company goals.
Gulf Stream Heat Budget and Europe part of Cutting Edge:Enhance Your Teaching:Visualization:Examples
Student groups are presented a problem scenario to research and make recommendations, predictions, and a resolution of the problem based on data and visualizations.