Classroom and Lab ActivitiesDo you have a favorite teaching activity you'd like to share? Please help us expand this collection by contributing your own teaching materials.
Subject: Climate Change
- 2 matches General/Other
- History and evolution of Earth's climate
- Paleoclimate records including types of proxy records and direct measurements
- Recent climate data direct measurements of past climate and climate data from 1800 to present
- Climate feedbacks
- Natural causes and forcings
- Anthropogenic causes and forcings
- Greenhouse effect
- Greenhouse gas emissions including types of gases, emissions data, Kyoto-related info
- Global change modeling including climate projections
- Impacts of climate change including sea level, ecosystems, human, economic, health, political
- Mitigation of climate change
- Public policy
- Carbon capture & storage
Results 1 - 3 of 3 matches
Campus Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory part of Starting Point-Teaching Entry Level Geoscience:Campus-Based Learning:Examples
Students conduct a greenhouse gas emission inventory for their college or university. Students analyze findings and present information to the college or university community. -
Learn more about this review process.
Making Sustainable Business Decisions In Four Different Industries and Their Effect on People (Social), Planet (Environment), and Profit (Economics) part of SISL:Activities
The student will gain a better understanding of "Global Warming" and the "Triple Bottom Line" by viewing the first two videos. Further the CEO2 game will introduce many new ideas/options that specific industries have to select from in achieving their desired corporate/company goals.
Discover Clues from a Colder Climate with GeoMapApp part of Earth Exploration Toolbook:Ice Stream
DATA: Global Digital Elevation Model (DEM) TOOLS: GeoMapApp, Spreadsheet SUMMARY: Use GeoMapApp to search for evidence of glacial expansion and retreat. Produce a research report of your findings modeled on peer-reviewed papers in the field of glaciology.