The American Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges . AMATYC, founded in 1974, is a national forum for the improvement of mathematics instruction in the first two years of college. AMATYC has approximately 2,500 individual members and more than 100 institutional members in the United States and Canada. The AMATYC Office is located at Southwest Tennessee Community College on the Macon Cove Campus in Memphis, Tennessee.
- Click here for the full list of AMATYC Regions and local affiliates
AMATYC and the MAA are two of the seventeen member professional organizations comprising the Conference Board of the Mathematical Sciences (CBMS). The purpose of the CBMS is to promote understanding and cooperation among these national organizations so that they work together and support each other in their efforts to promote research, improve education, and expand the uses of mathematics.
- MathAMATYC Educator a refereed journal published three times per year
- AMATYC News a newsletter published five times per year (and available online)
- Crossroads in Mathematics: Standards for Introductory College Mathematics AMATYC's first standards document for two-year college mathematics
- See also newsletters by AMATYC local affiliates
Listservs and networks(from AMATYC)
- The MATHEDCC discussion group has been active for about two decades.
- AMATYC now has both a Facebook and Twitter (@MathAMATYC) presence.
Knowledge Exchange Networks Community college faculty supported in sharing content, connections, conversation and collaboration.
- The AMATYC Webinar Series is new but already very popular. Free to both AMATYC members and non-members, but members get early notification of enrollment.
- The AMATYC Traveling Workshops bring professional development to two-year college math faculty directly to a requesting campus. As funding and interest have diminished, so AMATYC is looking for ways to revitalize the program.